Planned Giving

There are as many different ways to support Bard as there are needs for your support. You may want to make a substantial gift to Bard, but also want to maintain or even increase your income. If so, you may find it worthwhile to make a gift to a pooled fund, a gift annuity, or a charitable trust, retirement assets, and life insurance all of which provide a stream of income paid to you—or another beneficiary you designate—for life. The income also may be extended over the lifetimes of more than one person before the gift becomes available to the College. For example, you may direct that the income be paid to yourself as long as you live, and then to your spouse. At the completion of all life income interests, the remainder is distributed to the College for its use, subject to any preferences—such as a named scholarship fund—specified when you made the gift.

For more information about the Annual Fund, contact the Annual Fund Office, at 845-758-7407.  For more information about specific giving opportunities, the John Bard Society, or a planned gift, contact Debra Pemstein, Vice President of Development and Alumni/ae Affairs, 845-758-7405 or